Data Access Protocol for Outside Researchers
The application for access to the data is complete only when you have provided all the information requested. You will receive your password by email within 24 hours. In the event that your internet connection is inadequate for downloading the data, you may request the data on a CD-Rom which will be sent by regular post.
The confidentiality of the private information collected from firms in the course of the Enterprise Surveys is recognized as essential to the continued success of the Enterprise Survey effort. By having access to these data, the undersigned agrees to the following:
- agrees that the data are to be considered "Strictly Confidential", that is "records contain information of an extremely sensitive nature. Access must be confined to the recipient(s) designated by the originating office", the World Bank Enterprise Analysis Unit, as stipulated in World Bank Administrative Manual, Rule 10.11.23 ;
- promises and agrees to receive and hold the confidential information in confidence, protecting and safeguarding the confidential information against unauthorized use, publication or disclosure;
- agrees not to, directly or indirectly, in any way, reveal, report, publish, disclose, transfer or otherwise use any firm-specific information except aggregate data that does not identify specific firms (as a rule, statistics with fewer than five (5) firms may not be reported);
- agrees to protect the confidentiality of firms participating in the survey and not to seek to use this data to identify or help other(s) identify respondents;
- agrees not to share the data with other(s), other than research assistants or co- authors who cannot perform their duties without having access to the confidential data, provided that each person to whom it is disclosed shall be made aware of, and required to sign, observe and comply with, the obligations under this protocol;
- agrees to use this information only for the purpose of academic research or work for the World Bank;
- acknowledges that all the analysis, interpretations, and conclusions drawn from the data are entirely and solely those of the user;
- agrees to reference the source of data as "Enterprise Surveys, The World Bank Group";
- agrees to treat the questionnaire with the same degree of confidentiality as the data.
The undersigned acknowledges that if s/he fails to respect the above provisions, s/he will lose access to all World Bank Group data and could be prohibited from being employed by the World Bank Group in the future.
World Bank 1818 H Street, NW
Washington DC, 20433 USA
ATTN: Rose Gachina
Enterprise Analysis Unit,
MSN IS5-278 / (202) 473-7641
ATTN: Joshua Seth Wimpey